Saturday, February 23, 2008

At least he's not suffering from a lack of confidence.

I was walking through my bookstore today, and briefly made eye
contact with a guy to see if he needed help. He obviously knew where
he was going so I gave a slight nod and kept walking.

Let me pause to describe this gentleman before we get any farther
into this tale: He was a fat man in his late fifties. He was wearing
a track suit and looked like a sausage stuffed into a too tight
polyester casing.

Okay, with that visual in mind, let's continue.

So I nod and walk along and in response to my bare acknowledgment of
the man's existence he does a combination wink/head-tilt/tongue-
click. With no irony. Like a dude in a bad 80's movie. Completely
serious.

I about busted a gut.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, so what you're saying is, you've inherited the geezer-magnet gene. Poor girl.

Crazy Calvinist said...

unfortunatately, that type of reaction from that type of person, usually sets my flesh a crawlin'.

There's nought as queer as folk!

 
template by suckmylolly.com