Monday, June 30, 2008

Champagne

I want there to be champagne at my wedding, and at my funeral. I
think that all major life events go down smoother with tiny bubbles
tickling your nose.

I got a new job today. I've worked for my bookstore for two years and
still love going to work in the morning. That's saying something. The
last few months have been rough in some aspects, but I still love the
work. I love helping people find good books. Love the smell, feel and
look of books. Love talking to people about books. Love the
excitement that bubbles up in someone when they finally have a book
they've been wanting and anticipating in their hands. But today I got
a new job, so I'm a little sad for losing my bookstore. So this toast
is for my old store and all that went with it...

I got a new job today. I'll be taking on new challenges, among new
people, and new surroundings. The business is different, the lingo is
different, the expectations are different. The benefits are better,
the schedule is better, and the pay is better. So this toast is for
my new shop and all the possibilities that go with it....

I am moving from a company and a subject matter that I know inside
and out, to a company and subject that I know little about. Scary and
exciting and scary and rousing and scary and fantastic. For the next
few months I will be dead tired, disoriented, and a little
overwhelmed (or maybe more than a little). That's always how it is
when the learning curve hits you upside the head. But once I settle
in I think I'll really fit well and enjoy the work. It's at an
electrical company, and I'll be doing administrative stuff, doing
projects and payroll and keeping things running while everyone else
is doing stuff elsewhere. So I take a long drink of courage to face
the unknown....

Swallow it down, cause here I go.

1 comments:

Crazy Calvinist said...

Oh wow! A Blog post. There's a novelty! ;-)

 
template by suckmylolly.com